Who We Are
News & Stories
Sep 30, 2022
August 20, 2023
June 29, 2023
June 24, 2023
University Wide Events
No Communication Compromises
Areas of Study
Changing the world
Community & Innovation
Research Experiences & Services
Your Journey Starts Here
Tools & Resources
Explore Our Campus
Oct 1, 2022
Student Engagement and Lead...
Petition to Establish a New Organization or Club
I King Jordan Student Academic Center (JSAC) 1000
We are excited that you are ready to start a new organization or club. Before you begin, please take a look at the list of existing student organizations. Click here: List of Student Organizations/Clubs
Procedures for establishing an organization or club:
1) Student(s) who take the lead in setting up an organization/club must be a full-time student (12 credits for undergraduate and 9 for graduate) and have a semester and cumulative GPA of over 2.0.
2) Complete the Organization/Club Petition Form
a) At least 10 members for Organizational Status
b) At least 5 members for Club Status
c) The petition form can be found at Campus Activities Office
3) Develop bylaws/constitution for the student organization/club.
a) Contact Chief Justice from Student body Government to work with you on developing bylaws
4) Meet with CA Student Organization Assistant (SOA) and present your Bylaws
a) The by-laws needed to be approved by Campus Activities
5) Complete the Organization/Club Registration online
a) SOA will provide the registration link
b) Advisor is required
6) Sign the Financial Authorization Form to have an access into your organization/club account.
a) President and Treasurer/Business Manager will sign the form.
b) It will take at least two to three weeks to get an account number.
7) You will receive a notification of official registration from the Student Organization Assistant.
Please expect the process to take two to three weeks to establish an organization or club.
Gallaudet University, chartered in 1864, is a private university for deaf and hard of hearing students.
Copyright © 2022 Gallaudet University. All rights reserved.
800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, D.C. 20002