Areas of Study

Dining Dollar Information

How to Apply for Housing (Summer only)

Many students opt to live on campus when taking a summer class. Gallaudet’s residence halls are air-conditioned and equipped with free TV cable, Internet access, and visual alerting systems. Each room or suite is furnished with twin beds, study desks, and chairs. There are also drawers and closet storage. Residents will be provided with dorm linen. Our dorm linen package includes a pillow, a set of sheets/ pillowcase, a blanket, and one medium towel. Students will need to bring their own washcloths, additional towels, and toiletry items. Coin-operated washers and dryers are located in the basement of each hall. Students registering for undergraduate, graduate, or PST classes through Summer Programs (non-degree students) should submit the Housing/Meal Application as part of their application/registration package. A student must be at least a high school graduate to be eligible for on-campus residence housing. All residents must abide by residence hall rules and regulations. A copy of the rules and regulations will be provided at check-in. All tuition and fees including room and meal charges must be paid in full two weeks before a session begins. Housing reservations will be canceled if payment in full is not received by the same date. Check-In Upon your arrival, please go directly to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) which is located on the ground floor of Carlin Hall. DPS is responsible for issuing cards and parking permits. ID cards are $15 (if you have a previously issued photo ID card from Gallaudet, please make sure to bring it with you as it can be reactivated at no cost). Residence Halls check-in begins at 2:00 pm on the day before the start of your program. There is a $50 fee charge for a replacement of a lost key or lock change. Lost or stolen keys should be reported to your Resident Assistant immediately. Check-Out You must check-out of the Residence Hall by 10:00 am on the day following the end of your program. Before your departure, you are responsible for clearing your room and emptying all trash. Turn in your room key and Access Card to the Resident Assistant on duty in the residence hall office where you are staying. If you do not return your room key, you will be charged $50 for it. Room Fee Room assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Students may choose between single or double occupancy. Due to the limited number of single rooms available, there is no guarantee that a request for a single room will be honored. An alternative to residence hall accommodations is the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University. They can be reached at 202-651-6000 or you may make reservations online.

Food Services Hours

Monday-Friday Hours
Breakfast 7:00am – 10:00am
Lunch 11:00am – 1:30pm
Dinner 4:30pm – 7:00pm
Brunch 9:00am – 1:30pm
Dinner 4:30pm – 7:00pm

Students who chose to live in the residence halls are required to purchase one of the Dining Dollar meal plan options, which range from $200 to $400. The cost for each plan should cover your needs for the number of weeks you select. The amount is an estimate based on 1-2 a la carte meals and 1 dinner meal at approximately $40/day. Dining Dollars accepts increments of $50 or above. We advise you to add only what you feel you will use as you plan to come back next time. Students will not be enrolled in courses until their meal plans are paid. Commuter students and guests may select from any meal plan offered. Meals may be purchased at the dining hall cashier or purchase a Dining Dollar meal plan. Please submit your meal plan request. NOTE: Our menu includes a wide variety of meats, vegetables, vegetarian dishes, salads, deli sandwiches, desserts, and beverages. Gallaudet University is very conscious of our students with special dietary needs. If you have dietary restrictions and need special meals, you should contact the Food Services Manager, Giovanni Caporicci, to arrange for them. Replacement ID/Dorm Access Card/Meal Plan Card Your Access Card is used as an ID card, dorm access card, and meal plan card. Commuter Students Upon your arrival to campus, you will pick up your temporary ID card from the Department of Public Safety (DPS) which is located on the ground floor of Carlin Hall. This is also where you will obtain your parking permit if you are planning to park your car on campus. 

Contact Us

Summer On-Campus Courses

Kendall Hall 101

Select what best describes your relationship to Gallaudet University so we can effectively route your email.
By submitting this form, I opt in to receive select information and deaf resources from Gallaudet University via email.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.